Saturday, February 8, 2014

Claw foot Tub Lust

 
 
I had this sweet little claw foot tub in our full bathroom. Since we are adding a master bedroom and bathroom, I'm doing a mini renovation of the bathroom for my daughters. The claw foot was lovely, but blah. 
 
My husband bought the tub and tile kit at lowes and resurfaced it to pristine glossy perfection. The kit was very smelly, but 2 coats and you have gorgous! 
He also added new Victorian fixtures from Kingston Brass, complete with a very powerful hand shower.
The tub was looking better, but still blah. I had some color mixed up at Lowes a couple shades darker than my walls, on the same color chip and painted the exterior. 
Looking better, but still waiting it's final details. Last night, I completed the process by hand stenciling it. Voila!
I can't stop looking at it. I don't think it's original to the house since my house was built in 1864 and the date on the tub is 4-12-35, but it sure does look good in our bathroom.  Going to go look at it again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment