Sunday, November 16, 2014

Don't Rush the Season



 
 

    I love fall. Everything about it; the colors, smells, decorations, excuses to dress like a witch, and the celebrations. I get sad that people rush right into Christmas and lose focus on Thanksgiving.   My blessings are abundant and I like to reflect and savor a holiday centered around that. My house is decorated proudly in harvest decor and I've been prepping the menu for a month. It's a day of fussing for my family. The special rolls, cranberry wine, the biggest turkey I can haul home. It's a 2 day event here with all the prep. I wouldn't change it, despite all the work. It's the stuff my girls are going to remember! 
I made this table runner this year and paired it with my grandmothers salt and pepper shakers. 
My mom gave me the brown pitcher and I paired it with this adorable owl from Dollar General. I love dressing up my porch. It's cozy and inviting.
Soon I will be changing it all out for my Christmas decor, but for now, Happy Thanksgiving. May your blessings be many.

No comments:

Post a Comment